By Kathryn Bechen
We all need a romantic getaway weekend now and then. Even if funds are tight and time is short, with a little ingenuity and creativity you can turn your own bedroom at home into a romantic and relaxing "Bed & Breakfast Inn" retreat for you and your mate.
10 Tips to get you started:
1. Clutter Cutter. De-clutter your bedroom when you begin your fluff-up. Nothing kills romance faster than a pile of dusty magazines and techno paraphernalia.
2. Maid Brigade. Next comes the dust rag and vacuum. Turn on some music and make it fun!
3. Sensuous Sheets. Purchase some colorful new sheets in a pattern you love with a thread count of at least 300.
4. Divine Duvet. Invest in a pretty new duvet cover or bedspread. It will freshen up the room instantly.
5. Pillow Pizzazz. Some new pillows and pillowcases that coordinate with your sheets and duvet will add softness to your bed.
6. Flower Finesse. Buy some fresh flowers and put them in a favorite vase.
7. Candle Cozy. A few flickering candles will add instant romance to your new B&B bedroom.
8. Music Magic. Now for some light jazz or classical music to set the tone for the evening.
9. TV Tune-out. Unless you and your mate purposely choose to watch a funny or romantic movie together, turn the TV off.
10. Tray of Delights. Bring in a wine and cheese tray with some fresh fruit, dim the lights, and you’re on your way to a lovely and romantic stay in your very own Bed & Breakfast Inn bedroom. Enjoy!
c2005 Kathryn Bechen. All rights reserved worldwide.
Visit http://www.kathrynbechendesigns.com for more free ideas and tips for decorating your cottage style home on a dollarwise budget and to sign up for Kathryn's free e-newsletter of decorating tips and resources. Kathryn is an interior decorating consultant and author who specializes in Cottage Style, Non-Toxic, and Dollarwise decorating.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathryn_Bechen
**photos above of One Woman's Bedroom