As we were discussing in the comments of my last post about my diamond floor pattern, the taping configuration I've used will produce diamonds that won't be touching each other at the corners...at least not the green diamonds I'll be painting. I didn't plan it that way and I'd really rather everything be just right - all corners touching. I briefly considered redoing the taping, but I reminded myself that this is just a temporary floor solution until we remodel their room and lay the hardwood down next year at some point. Retaping would just be taking time away from...painting those darn cabinet doors, which, btw, I got another coat on yesterday.
So, Bill from Enon Hall kindly did a mock up showing what my floors will look like when complete.
If I ever do this project again, I'll definitely tape in such a way that there are no gaps. Live and learn! But, for now, I can either leave the gaps or add a painted decorative touch where the gaps are. I'm thinking about painting in little flowers that coordinate with the girls' quilt and shams. This is a little busy for my taste, but then again, I'm not 5 and 6 years old:)
Big sister, who is 11 1/2, is getting really tired of the girls rooming with her, so now that I know exactly what I want to do, I better get started:) Happy Thursday!