Decoupaging the flowers to the floor took no time at all so I snapped some photos for you to see how this project turned out. The girls tell me that their floor is "pretty", which I'm happy to hear:) I know the checkerboard/decoupage was a bit of work for a temporary floor, but because the rest of the house is pretty much undone, I wanted the girls to have a nice, "put together", girly space in which to retreat and relax and play.
(Click to enlarge)
If you've been following this project, you may know that originally I just planned on doing the diamond/checkerboard pattern. However, I realized halfway through taping the floor that my diamonds wouldn't touch each other due to the pattern I used. Rather than retaping, I opted to fill in the gaps between the diamonds with the decoupaged flowers.
BUT, I *now* know how to create a perfect diamond checkerboard pattern thanks to the help from a couple of folks who've done this flooring technique before. Tammy, who owns a beautiful 1882 Victorian, shared some photos with me of her porch and how she taped it off to create a diamond pattern. As you can see, individual squares are made with the tape instead of rows of squares (like I made).
By the way, Tammy is selling her lovely home...you HAVE to check out some of the photos of the work she and her husband have done on their house. It's just gorgeous!