Today, I Am Thankful For...


In no particular order -

My husband who...
~lets me sleep in while he gets up to care for the children on Sunday mornings

~daily tells me I'm beautiful when I know that I'm not

~almost gets offended if I say that I'm not beautiful

~does the laundry and dishes when I'm too wiped out from painting or being a mom or just life in general

~doesn't want to worry me with matters that he thinks will stress me out

~always calls me from work to see how my day is going

~doesn't get mad when I buy way too much household stuff at Old Time Pottery, (after he tells me not to go "hog wild")

~puts up with me when I constantly lose our one and only hairbrush (he often tells me he's going to chain it to the sink, hehe)

~forgives me for not using my gym membership for the last 1 1/2 years, but gently persuades me to go for the sake of my darn fibromyalgia

~patiently listens to my often repeated rants

~often advises me to pray about the things that really bother me

~would never buy vanilla icecream without also buying chocolate syrup

~has painted and repainted the living and kitchen until I think the color is "just right"

~often assures me, with a promise, that everything is going to be OK

~will watch HGTV with me, (though I can rarely stand to watch his science fiction shows with him, lol)

~is taking me on Wednesday to the brand spanking new beautiful Schermerhorn Symphony Hall for an evening filled with good food and fine music

~is a very principled man

~can always be counted on and will often go out of his way to help others

~maintains and encourages a positive attitude under the worst of cirumstances

~loves and cares deeply for his friends

~is an awesome and loving father

~always encourages me to do the right thing (even when I don't wanna)

~is extremely intelligent and multi-talented

~is quick to apologize

~has a great sense of humor, though often I just don't "get it"

~always makes time for a hug even when I'm fretting over how late we're running

~is always the last to buy anything for himself

~doesn't mind hugging elderly ladies

~answers my phone calls during business meetings (which then makes me feel silly if I'm only calling to tell him something like, "I found the hairbrush!")

~supports my ideas, no matter how crazy

~believes that I can do anything I set my mind to

~faithfully reads my blog and even signs my guestbook

Love you, dear:)




5 comments:

JLynnette (Aunt Jo) said...

A very sweet post. You're a very blessed woman to have such a loving husband.

June 25, 2006 at 5:40 PM
owlhaven said...

He sounds like a keeper!! Thanks for commenting over at my place!

Mary, mom to many

June 26, 2006 at 1:14 AM
Anonymous said...

you are very blessed - does he have an older brother (unmarried)?

June 26, 2006 at 4:53 AM
Twice Remembered said...

Hehe, yeah, he's a keeper and I am blessed...been married for 13.5 years now:)

Nice site, Phyllis - thank you for sharing! I'm not exactly where Guthrie is, but you're right..we're neighbors if you live in Ky!

Mary, you have a neat website...I LOVE yardsales, too!

Anon, lol, funny:) He does have two younger brothers, one recently divorced. Don't think either of them are ready to settle down yet:) Thanks for visiting!

June 26, 2006 at 8:51 AM
Twice Remembered said...

Thanks for the link, Amy! I'll check it out!

June 27, 2006 at 2:34 AM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)


  • this and that

    • home
    • about
    • email

    categories

    • dining room
    • dollhouse
    • exterior
    • food
    • hallway
    • inspiration
    • kitchen
    • living room
    • personal
    • poetry and quotes
    • small projects
    • studio
    • thrifty finds

    search

    memory lane

    • ►  2026 (1)
      • June 2026 (1)
    • ►  2016 (2)
      • April 2016 (2)
    • ►  2013 (1)
      • January 2013 (1)
    • ►  2012 (4)
      • November 2012 (2)
      • July 2012 (2)
    • ►  2011 (30)
      • November 2011 (2)
      • October 2011 (2)
      • September 2011 (2)
      • July 2011 (3)
      • June 2011 (1)
      • May 2011 (7)
      • April 2011 (4)
      • February 2011 (2)
      • January 2011 (7)
    • ►  2010 (101)
      • October 2010 (2)
      • September 2010 (8)
      • August 2010 (2)
      • July 2010 (5)
      • June 2010 (6)
      • May 2010 (10)
      • April 2010 (10)
      • March 2010 (15)
      • February 2010 (23)
      • January 2010 (20)
    • ►  2009 (104)
      • December 2009 (7)
      • November 2009 (10)
      • October 2009 (11)
      • September 2009 (10)
      • August 2009 (24)
      • July 2009 (12)
      • May 2009 (16)
      • April 2009 (2)
      • March 2009 (8)
      • February 2009 (3)
      • January 2009 (1)
    • ►  2008 (55)
      • December 2008 (1)
      • November 2008 (8)
      • October 2008 (1)
      • September 2008 (7)
      • August 2008 (2)
      • July 2008 (6)
      • June 2008 (12)
      • May 2008 (11)
      • March 2008 (2)
      • February 2008 (1)
      • January 2008 (4)
    • ►  2007 (65)
      • November 2007 (3)
      • October 2007 (1)
      • September 2007 (4)
      • August 2007 (4)
      • July 2007 (1)
      • June 2007 (4)
      • May 2007 (9)
      • April 2007 (9)
      • March 2007 (11)
      • February 2007 (6)
      • January 2007 (13)
    • ▼  2006 (107)
      • December 2006 (12)
      • November 2006 (4)
      • October 2006 (3)
      • September 2006 (4)
      • August 2006 (3)
      • July 2006 (16)
      • June 2006 (16)
      • May 2006 (17)
      • April 2006 (9)
      • March 2006 (7)
      • February 2006 (13)
      • January 2006 (3)
    • ►  2005 (23)
      • December 2005 (6)
      • November 2005 (3)
      • September 2005 (6)
      • August 2005 (1)
      • July 2005 (3)
      • April 2005 (3)
      • March 2005 (1)
    • ►  2004 (4)
      • December 2004 (1)
      • November 2004 (1)
      • October 2004 (1)
      • August 2004 (1)

    as featured in...

    as featured in...

  • subscribe

    Posts
    Atom
    Posts
    Comments
    Atom
    Comments

    the cottage girl

    • Twila Bird
    • Twila

    kitchen

    kitchen

    studio progress

    studio progress

    small projects

    small projects

    thrifty finds

    thrifty finds

    food

    food

popular posts

  • Make Your Own Magnet Board
  • Transformation of a Cottage Kitchen Part 2: Antique / Farmhouse Style Red Cabinet Makeover
  • Make Your Own Vintage Art ... With Nail Polish Remover!
  • Everything and the Kitchen Sink: Farmhouse Sink Inspiration Photos
  • A New Journey
  • Red Cottage Kitchen Vignettes and Hardwood Photos



The Twice Remembered Cottage © 2008 Free Premium Wordpress Themes and BlackQuanta | Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger